MEN'S TENNIS FALLS TO LYNCHBURG, 5-2
March 15, 2011
LYNCHBURG, VA - The University of Massachusetts Boston men's tennis team fell to Lynchburg College, 5-2, in a shortened match due to rain Tuesday afternoon on the Lynchburg College campus. With the win, the Hornets improve to 2-1 overall while the loss drops the Beacons to 1-2 on the year.
Junior Andrey Boguslavskiy (Volgograd, Russia) and sophomore El Jan Daulo (Koronadal City, Philippines) teamed up for an 8-6 victory at \#3 doubles play while Boguslavskiy came out victorious in \#5 singles action, recording an 8-4 win to account for the two UMass Boston points towards the match.
The Beacons return to action on Thursday, March 17 when they travel to Greensboro, NC to face Greensboro College for a 3:00 p.m. match.
1. Derek Kegerreis/Jim Rochow (LC) def. Lyle Analetto / Sanjeeva Chetty (UMB), 8-5
2. Cody Crampton/Brian Nelson (LC) def. Himanshu Dubey / Seth Shavers (UMB), 8-5
3. Andrey Boguslavskiy / El Jan Daulo (UMB) def. Jonathan Jordan/Raim Sydnor (LC), 8-6
1. Kegerris (LC) def. Chetty (UMB), 8-6
2. Rochow (LC) def. Shavers (UMB), 8-2
3. Nelson (LC) def. Dubey (UMB), 8-3
4. Analetto (UMB) v. Crampton (LC) tied 7-7 (match incomplete)
5. Boguslavskiy (UMB) def. Sydnor (LC), 8-4
6. Brian Sou (UMB) def. Jordan (LC), tied 0-0 (match incomplete)