April 7, 2011
MILTON, MA - The University of Massachusetts Boston men's tennis team fell to Suffolk University, 9-0, Thursday afternoon at the Curry College tennis courts in non-conference action. With the win, the Rams stay perfect, improving to 5-0 on the season while the loss drops the Beacons to 1-5 on the year.
Suffolk took an early lead in the match, picking up the sweep in doubles play with all three matches ending with a score of 8-1.
The Rams continued their strong play, only dropping one set en route to a clean sweep for the 9-0 win. Freshman Quentin Huré (Paris, France) was the only Beacon able to take a game off the Rams in singles action, falling 6-0, 6-1 out of the No. 4 singles slot.
UMass Boston returns to the court on Saturday, April 9 for a Little East Conference road match-up vs. Bridgewater State at 12:00 p.m. while the Rams are back in action the same day for a GNAC battle at Albertus Magnus at 1:00 p.m.
1. Albert Beruga/Harlan Strader (SU) def. Andrey Boguslavskiy / Himanshu Dubey (UMB), 8-1
2. Hubert Crombach/John Samander (SU) def. Lyle Analetto / Quentin Hure (UMB), 8-1
3. Dan Kelly/Thay Tao (SU) def. El Jan Daulo / Brian Sou (UMB), 8-1
1. Strader (SU) def. Dubey (UMB), 6-0,6-0
2, Crombach (SU) def. Analetto (UMB), 6-0,6-0
3. Samander (SU) def. Boguslavskiy (UMB), 6-0,6-0
4. Beruga (SU) def. Hure (UMB), 6-0,6-1
5. Justin Ayoub (SU) def. Sou (UMB), 6-0,6-0
6. D.Z. Zhu (SU) def. Daulo (UMB), 6-0,6-0