MEN'S TENNIS FALLS TO SALEM STATE, 7-2
April 21, 2011
BOSTON, MA - The University of Massachusetts Boston men's tennis team fell to Salem State University, 7-2, Thursday afternoon in Little East Conference action. With the win, the Vikings notch their first victory of the season and improve to 1-7, 1-2 in LEC play while the loss drops the Beacons to 1-9 and 0-4 on the year.
Junior Andrey Boguslavskiy (Volgograd, Russia) and freshman Quentin Hure (Paris, France) picked up singles wins for the Beacons to account for their two points in the match. Boguslavskiy registered a 7-6 (4), 4-6, (10-8) win at \#4 singles over freshman Eglis Bizhoti (Dorchester, MA) while Hure posted a 6-4, 1-6, (10-6) win at \#6 singles over Kristian Biedyl.
The Vikings were able to sweep doubles play in three very close matches to propel the squad to their first win of the season.
The Beacons return to action on Saturday, April 23 when they host Western CT State University in another LEC matchup beginning at 1:00 p.m. while the Vikings travel to Providence to face Rhode Island College the same day for a 1:00 p.m. tilt.
1. Alex Eisath/Joshua Giller (SSC) def. Himanshu Dubey / Seth Shavers (UMB), 8-5
2. Johan DaSilva/Joe Kim (SSC) def. Andrey Boguslavskiy / T. Leng (UMB), 8-6
3. Eglis Bizhoti/Shawn Dowen (SSC) def. Lyle Analetto / Quentin Hure (UMB), 9-7
1. Eisath (SSC) def. Shavers (UMB), 6-0,6-1
2. Giller (SSC) def. Leng (UMB), 6-4,6-4
3. DaSilva (SSC) def. Dubey (UMB), 3-6,6-1,7-5
4. Boguslavskiy (UMB) def. Bizhoti (SSC), 7-6(4),4-6, (10-8)
5. Dowen (SSC) def. Analetto (UMB), 6-2,6-1
6. Hure (UMB) def. Kristian Biedyl (SSC), 6-4,1-6, (10-6)