BOSTON, Mass. – Led by Aleks Qose's (Athens, Greece) match-high 15 kills and .619 hitting percentage volleyball earned another huge Little East conference win as earned a 3-0 decision over the University of Southern Maine Wednesday evening at the Clark Athletic Center Gymnasium.
UMass Boston 3, University of Southern Maine 0
UMass Boston (6-16, 3-2 Little East Conference)
U. of Southern Maine (12-11, 3-3 Little East Conference)
HOW IT HAPPENED
Qose paced the Beacons to the win as the Beacons cruised in the opening set with a 25-13 victory. They then had to overcome an early deficit, but went on to earn a 25-17 win in the second. The final set was all UMass Boston as they earned the LEC win with a 25-14 victory.
Also having a big match for the Beacons was senior middle Sarah Doyle (Glendale, Calif.) who dropped in 11 kills, while also hitting an impressive .450. Carsen Komminsk (Worthington, Ohio) finished with 33 assists to once again anchor the Beacons offense.
Marcelle Tiscareno (El Paso, Texas) had a huge night at the night scoring two block solos and two block assists, while also finishing with nine kills and a .533 hitting percentage.
Kacey Foerster led the Huskies with eight kills, but Southern Maine was held to just a .025 hitting percentage as they saw their five-match win-streak come-to-an-end.
BY THE NUMBERS
- On the night the Beacons finished with .388 hitting percentage, which was their best hitting mark this season
- All-time the Beacons are now 18-12 against the Huskies
- The Beacons are now 7-0 against the Huskies since the 2005 season
- UMB combined for 10 aces, which marked the fifth time this season that UMB has recorded 10 or more aces in a conference match
- The Beacons have now recorded seven or more total blocks in three of their last four matches
The Beacons will travel to Rhode Island College on Tuesday for a 7 p.m. Little East Conference match.